Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Back at the Homestead

Sunday began the next phase.  With the french drain all done except for relocating the extra dirt, I finally got to begin clearing the spot for the next raised bed.  Actually two new beds are going in  - a std 4x4 and then a bit smaller version of a 1x4 next to the A/C system.  My wife also stated working on the Topsy Turvey - one bag of strawberries and one with a beefsteak style tomato plant.  Reviews seem to be mixed on these planters, so we will have to see how it works out.

As far as watering, I got the foundation drip line behind the 2x12 bed and got the 1/2 black poly pipe for the drip irrigation set for the bed.  Only problem is that the sprinkler system is not working.  I suppose I am going to have to call someone out...

Anyway, lotsa of work, but hopefully I can plant the next beds this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment