Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Planting bed coming soon...

Well, I got the sprinkler fixed last Thursday which is great news.  Didn't have to call anyone out and got all of the sprinkler heads in zone 4 (back yard) located.  Well almost all - I think there is one under my dirt pile and one under my semi-compost pile.  I got the frame built for the new beds, but struggled a bit getting them leveled as there was a 10 inch difference between the top right corner and the others...  I used the excavations from the drainage to back fill the box so that I can use a lot less than a foot and half of Mels Mix... 

 I put a bit of rock in the bottom of the 1x4 box.

Not shown is the above pictures is the work I did on Sunday where the weed cloth and chicken wire was put down in each box.  Hopefully I can plant this weekend.  Already have the soil ingredients...

Oh yeah, here is the topsy turvey...

And one last shot of the 2x12 box...   The lettuce is going crazy!



No comments:

Post a Comment